Study in UK With Low CGPA in 2023: Insights and List of Universities
Not all UK universities require a high CGPA for admissions or scholarships. CGPA is not the sole determining factor. There are various other factors that can help you secure admission and increase your chances. Today, we will provide useful insights on studying in the UK with a low CGPA in 2023. We have also compiled a list of UK universities that accept students with low CGPA.
Why Choose the UK for Postgraduate Education?
The UK is renowned for offering one-year master’s degree programs, making it an attractive option for many students. If you’re wondering what constitutes a good and low CGPA in the UK, we’ve got you covered. Having a low GPA does not mean you cannot study in the UK. Below is the list of universities where you can study with a low CGPA:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bedfordshire University
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Birmingham City University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Buckinghamshire New University
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- De Montfort University
- University of East London
- Leeds Beckett University
- Leeds Trinity University
- London Metropolitan University
- London South Bank University
- University of Northampton
- University of Bolton
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Lincoln
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Roehampton
- The University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Winchester
- University of Wolverhampton
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- York St John University
Understanding UK Degree Classification and CGPA
Here’s how CGPA is considered for UK degree classification:
|UK Degree Classification||CGPA||Grade/Percentage|
|First-Class Honours (First or 1st) – Very Good GPA||4.0||Grade A or 70% or above|
|Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1) – Good GPA||3.3-3.9||Grade B or 60-69%|
|Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2) – Low GPA||2.7-3.2||Grade C or 50-59%|
|Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) – Very Low GPA||2.0-2.6||Grade D or 40-49%|
It is worth noting that individuals with CGPA lower than 2.5 are also studying in Germany. If you’re interested, we have an article on how to study in Germany with a low CGPA in 2023.
How to Get into UK Universities with a Low CGPA?
While CGPA is important, UK universities consider various other factors for admissions. To improve your chances of admission, follow these steps:
- A strong personal statement/statement of purpose will greatly benefit your application.
- Highlight subjects or study areas in which you have better scores.
- Good scores in exams such as GRE or GMAT/IELTS will enhance your application.
- A compelling motivation letter for a scholarship can help offset a low CGPA.
- Prior work experience can also be advantageous.
- Highlight any part-time internships or achievements.
- Show your motivation and express your interest, even if you have a low CGPA.
- Enrolling in relevant online courses to demonstrate your knowledge can be beneficial.
Upcoming Scholarships in the UK in 2023
The UK offers popular fully funded scholarships for students. Start preparing for them now. Here are some notable scholarships:
- Rhodes Global Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters, PhD
- Oxford University Scholarships
- Clarendon Scholarships
- Welcome (UK Government) Scholarship
- UK Bristol University Scholarships
Low Tuition Fee UK Universities
Consider targeting smaller cities or universities for low tuition fees
. These universities also accept students with low CGPA.
How to Study in the UK Without IELTS?
If you’re interested in studying in the UK without taking the IELTS exam, check out our article on Study in UK Universities Without IELTS in 2023.