Not all scholarships are the same. They vary in terms of what they cover and provide for students. Some scholarships only offer tuition fee waivers, while others solely cover living expenses. Additionally, there are scholarships that provide partial cash grants. However, there are certain scholarship programs that are more comprehensive, covering both tuition fees and living expenses, and sometimes even additional costs such as travel expenses, book allowances, and insurance. These fully funded scholarships provide students with everything they need to pursue their studies abroad.
Fully-funded Government Scholarships
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA): The Fulbright Foreign Student Program offers prestigious scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree in the United States. The grant typically covers tuition, airfare, a living stipend, health insurance, and more, providing funding for the entire duration of the study.
- British Chevening Scholarships (UK): Chevening Scholarships are awarded by the UK government’s global scholarship program to exceptional scholars with leadership potential. These scholarships are usually for one-year Master’s degrees. Most Chevening Scholarships cover tuition fees, a living allowance, round-trip airfare to the UK, and additional grants for essential expenses.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland): The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships provide graduates from all fields with opportunities to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research at public funded universities or recognized institutions in Switzerland. These scholarships cover a monthly allowance, tuition fees, health insurance, lodging allowance, and more.
- Swedish Scholarships for International Students (Sweden): The Swedish Institute offers scholarships to highly qualified international students from developing countries who wish to pursue full-time Master’s studies at Swedish universities. The scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, some travel grants, and insurance.
- VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships (Belgium): VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from selected developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, enabling them to pursue training and Master’s programs related to development at universities in Belgium. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, allowances, travel costs, and other program-related expenses.
For more fully-funded government scholarships, visit the respective links provided for each scholarship program.